First, I've done three figures rather than one. Well, that's not a cheat - the point is to complete at least one figure per day. And for me the important bit isn't the figures, but the fact that I do some painting everyday, improving my painting and discipline.
Secondly, and more seriously, I didn't go for the already-started mini I'd intended to, but did some new ones (albeit ones that I prepared in advance for the last APHC). Looking at the figures the reason will be obvious - they have the same, very simple paint scheme.
Despite (or because of) this simplicity I forgot the cardinal rule that 'More is Less'. If I'd stopped a third of the way through, they would look a lot better than they do now. It's clear to me that going for six months without painting has left me needing to brush up on some basics. I'm embarrassed to say just how long I spent on them this afternoon. Despite appearances I wasn't five minutes slapping on emulsion! Perhaps there was good reason to start with monster-of-the-week cannon fodder after all.
Two of the mummies are from Dark Horse Studios, who do them in both metal and resin (these are resin). I can't remember where the the one with his arm aloft came from.
I also did some work on a more involved figure (and am glad to say that I haven't messed her up yet!). She may appear as a submission on Day 2 or 3. I'm not sure which as tomorrow I'm going to the opening of a new Friendly Local Gaming Store and do know if I'll find time to work on her. The good news is that one of the launch events is a painting session, so I should have something for Day 2 either way.
Total minis painted: 3
Days challenge was met: 1