Sunday 14 January 2018

Some Reading

I’m not one for writing blog posts at the beginning of the year which lay out a grand plan or scheme of things.  This is probably because I don’t like creating hostages to fortune and therefore, more generally, I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.  However, when I sat down after Christmas to choose the top-ten books I’d read in 2017, I was a little put off by how little I had to choose from.  I therefore made a sort-of resolution to read more and to record it by reviewing the books (at least here and probably also on Goodreads*).

*I use Goodreads to track my reading.

I make not stick to this, but I’ve decided to see if it works to try to focus on particular themes to my non-fiction reading.  In doing this, I’m not putting the cart before the horse – I’ve chosen areas which I’ve been meaning to look into further anyway.  So, to begin with I want to concentrate on the naval aspects of the First World War.

In a way January has been good to me as far as that goes.  I’ve been unwell and (after the sleeping for a lot of the time stage) I’ve been able to do some reading.  I’ve also been listening to podcasts, which I may talk about another day.

So, tomorrow expect a book review.

1 comment: