Saturday 3 August 2024

RPG a Day 2024 - Day 3: Most Often Played

 


Day 3: Most Often Played RPG

Well I hate to be boring, but it's a short answer - Old School Essentials.  It's a system I've been playing since it was known as BX Essentials.  It is just so very simple to use.

When I can, I try to broaden my horizens.  As I said on Day 2, I've been playing in a Shadowdark game and have been GM-ing Dark Places and Demogorgons (the original version, not the OSE edition).  The last was part of a conscious attempt to move away from traditional fantasy.  I'd like to play some more Sci-Fi or horror/investigation.  I have a little list of games I'd like to try out on my regular group, but it might be forever before we get around to them.

A month or so ago I had my first forray into Savage Worlds (in the Solomon Kane setting), which I enjoyed.  Frankly, since I'm not playing so much online (old time readers may remember that in Lockdown I was playing up in three or four games a week), my choices have narrowed. I also have a little list of games I'd like to try out on my regular group, but it might be forever before we get around to them.

Later this month it's The Norwich Games Con, which is a chance for me to try new things.  Last year I played in three different con games; this year because of scheduling it would only be possible to play in two, and so far I've only signed up for one.

RPGs at the last NorCon


No comments:

Post a Comment