Friday 19 October 2012

Books and Stuff

A weekly update of my book news.

What I've been reading this week...

This week I was feeling like something light and non-threatening - comfort eating for the mind.  What I really fancied on Sunday night (feeling out of sorts) was some guff science fiction, something pulpy, but I couldn't decide what.  Normally in these circumstances, I'd fall back on one of Heinlein's juveniles, but I couldn't face something I'd already read.

In the end I picked up Jim Butcher's Storm Front, the first of his Dresden Files Series, which hit the spot.  The Dresden Files are a series of stories about Harry Dresden, a wizard and hard-boiled PI who acts as a consultant to the Chicago PD on cases with a supernatural aspect.  Quite fun, and I enjoyed it a lot.  That being so, I jumped right into the second book in the series, Fool Moon.



What I've bought....

Henning Mankell, The Man Who Smiled (an Inspector Wallander mystery) - 50p.

No comments:

Post a Comment