Tuesday 16 June 2015

Terrain Tuesday #4

As I mentioned in my last Terrain Tuesday post, I've got a new hot-glue gun.  On Wednesday, I sat down to give it a try.*  What a cracking piece of kit!  How had I managed without one so far?

*I'm not very good with technology or with glue.  The combination of the two was a little daunting.  I wanted to try it while The Wife was at Her Mother's in case I destroyed the house.

Within minutes I had a whole grove of my patented garlic trees.


I could paint them up as palm trees, but I quite liked their otherworldly look of them as-is when I had them on the table for my solo Dino Hunt playtest.  Exotic flora.


And for the fauna, a not quite swarm of giant bees.*

*Come on guys, they're giant bees, how many do you want?!


It was only after doing this, that I realised how apposite was the tile I was doing the hot-gluing on...

And now on to my Special Project...

The other week I spotted this book on t'internet* and immediately ordered one.


*There are useful reviews of it here and here.



After spending a couple of hours painstakingly sticking bones together, I left them on the table where they met with a whippet-related accident.  I am now banned from making things out of chicken bones,*

*In case the darling dogges choke on them.


I wasn't intending to do a model of a museum skellyton like in the book, but rather something terrain-y than explorers might come across - possibly even the fabled Dinosaurs' Graveyard.

9 comments:

  1. Blimey! A productive afternoon! I look forward to seeing many more terrain postings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be another six months until I've enough garlic eaten to provide another forrest!

      Delete
  2. head to your local poundshop - most sell toy dino skeletons perfect for terrain pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, back to Poundland - the mainstay of us all.

      Delete
  3. Cracking stuff Edwin. I also like the garlic trees as-is, a spot of green paint on the bases and they'll look great!

    The chicken population rejoices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll still eat the chicken!

      But being mean I wanted to be able to use the left-over bits (after I make stock from the carcass).

      Delete
  4. Most edible wargaming blog post ever.

    ReplyDelete