Last weekend we had a visit from The Wife's aunt, which necessitated a deep clean (beforehand). She's left her car with us she's gone on holiday, which means she'll be back...
Things to report:-
- I'm working on an article on awards of the Merchant Navy Medal for bravery afloat, which the editor of the LSARS journal is enthusiastic about and tells me will be the lead in the Feb 2014 number.
- We will be getting a visit from +James Brewerton of the Exiles Wargaming Painter blog next week. He's promised to bring his brushes and give us some pointers, which is an exciting and daunting prospect! As everyone knows, 'Good Ideas' James is the Brain behind Bloggers for Charity and Blog-Con and a good guy.
- Following his recent give-away +Chris Stoesen sent me masses of free stuff from his range of self-published campaigns and scenarios. It looks great, and I'll say more when I've had a chance to digest it.
- There's a nice give-away of WWII books on the Hitting on a Double One blog to mark 25,000 hits.
- Prince August have reintroduced their 'Mould of the Day' offer. Each day a different mould is half-price. They're also promising a big offer to mark the first anniversary of their website on Weds 16th Oct, but won't tell us about it until Monday. They are also producers of Mithral Miniatures and are offering free (almost worldwide) postage on orders over 50 Euros until 15 October.
- Lastly, if anyone has ever wondered what I look like, there's a pic of me at http://bloggersforcharity.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.html. I seem to be the only member of the new team to have been daft enough to post a profile.
- And here's a give-away that missed the deadline for inclusion above. Palouse Wargaming Journal is celebrating its first anniversary with some great prizes.