Sunday 31 January 2021

Books & Stuff (NS, No 11) - Reading in Jan 2021

Finished Reading

Robert A Heinlein, The Worlds of Robert Heinlein

A small collection of stories by Heinlein that seems to have passed me by in the 40 years that I've been reading him.

Most are pretty indifferent stuff.  The introductory article on sci-fi writers as prophets is interesting enough, as is the final story 'Solution Unsatisfactory' which has an important part to play in Heinlein's 'future history' chronology.

MR James, Collected Ghost Stories

The Master.  What more can one say?  

I really enjoyed this, both old favorites and some that I hadn't come across before.





Currently Reading


Julian Whitehead, Rebellion in the Reign of Charles II


The title is something of a misnomer.  On reading it, it turns out that this is actually a study of Charles II intelligence-gathering machine.  Fascinating stuff, and well-written.

It seems to have also appeared with an alternative title, which is why the picture differs from my description.

WH Hodgseon, The Casebook of Carnacki: The Ghost Finder

A little early to comment on this one, as I've only just started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment