Wednesday 2 March 2016

Dr Who Wednesday #8


Carrying on with my series of classic Doctor Who aliens in the Analogue Painting Challenge, I came to these chaps the other week. 

Ice Warriors
For the uninitiated, they are ice Warriors - an ancient race of  reptilian humanoids who ruled Mars until it became uninhabitable.  At various times they've been shown trying to transform Earth or other planets to their own requirements, as 'obvious baddies' who turn out to be much maligned or, in a double-bluff as goodies turning out to be baddies.

As their name suggests, they are a militaristic race, with their own complex hierarchies and a sense of bushido (useful in the trope - "Wait the green, scaly aliens are more honorable than the humans!"








So, these are seven 28mm figures from Black Tree Design.  The beauty of the old Dr Who aliens is they are never terribly complex paint-jobs.  If the BBC can spray-paint bubble-wrap green, who am I to aspire to much more?

I do have a couple of the officer-class, but they will have to wait for another time.

6 comments:

  1. They are wonderful Edwin, love the terrain you have found for them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a towel thrown on the landing floor ;)

      Delete
  2. Excellent work! Very menacing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Also the towel does a surprisingly good job as backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize it was a towel until I read the comments, I was thinking what a brilliant landscape of the red planet. I've collected a huge collection of Doctor Who related figures from various makes over the years. Only a small fraction have ever got painted. One day I'll post photos I promise. But I always love to see Who figures well painted and displayed. Great job. Looking forward to seeing the leaders.

    ReplyDelete