Monday 21 May 2018

A Marker

This blog has lost it's direction.  I don't know where to go with it.  But I'm not ready to give up on it yet

The real old guard followers will know that I used to be so short of inspiration, that I would set each day for a different category of post.  That worked quite well, created a lot of posts and led to what some flatteringly called an eclectic mix.  I've not done that for quite a while.

I've not yet given up on the blog entirely, and keep a quiet eye on the stats.  Unsurprisingly, this week has seen a big jump in hits*.  These were on the now defunct (and not up-dating) 'Royals in  Medals' series did - down to the Royal wedding of course.  My regular followers decry the royalism of those posts, but they are consistently the most regularly hit of posts**.   I planed to carry on to some more obscure royals, such as the children of Edward VII and George VI, but I didn't get there.

*Not as big as blogger.com's bot-counter (see left) will tell you, but a real one, as demonstrated by the more reliable flag counter.
**Along, with some reason with that on Sir Arthur Craddock

It won't surprise those who follow me on Facebook*, but my main inspiration now comes when I'm in the pub or when I'm suffering from insomnia.  I need to get away from those situations.  The blog was originally designed to encourage my creative side.  I hope to get back to that.

*For the rest of you - Hello!  I'm still alive!

One of the topics I've been thinking about posting is Podcasts.  I hope that'll be my next post - and soon!

8 comments:

  1. Not all who wander are lost,keep going.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Royal hits were probably people wondering how many irrelevant Royals got so many gongs for doing nothing. Charles probably has one for taking a leak by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just glad to hear that you are still out there plotting away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing wrong with the pub Edwin. Nothing wrong with the royals either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. evolution doesn't happen without revolution.

    Need to draw on inspiration? Then start with scribble because a line doesn't start without chaos as a foundation.

    Art is both a mirror and a hammer.
    Have a RIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My blog has also suffered as Real Life has been a bit rough in the last few months. But I still intend to go on. And on. And on.

    ReplyDelete