Saturday 28 September 2013

Books and Stuff

A regular round-up of my book news.  This actually covers two week as I'm slowing down.

What I've read this Week...

I carried on with A Pound of Paper, which is proving quite enjoyable.


What I've bought this week...

Philip Bono & Kenneth Gatland, Frontiers of Space - 50p
Alfons Dierick, The Stained Glass at Chartres - 50p
The Medal Year Book  2013 - 50p


The Frontiers of Space is a 1976 edition in the old Blandford Colour Series ("with 80 pages of magnificent colour illustrations") and is for my interest in the history of space exploration rather than current information.  The MYB was a surprise find, given that the 2014 edition was only launched last weekend: the editor tells me they've sold 1,000 copies in that week.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm halfway through the Gurkha Rifles book! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete