Wednesday 31 May 2023

Reading in May 2023

Currently Reading

I've continued my deep-dive into Tolkien, moving onto The Hobbit.

John D Rateliff, The History of The Hobbit






JRR Tolkien; Douglas A Anderson, The Annotated Hobbit







Finished Reading

Jodi Taylor, Hard Time

A comic story about Time Police.  It turned out better than I expected in the end, and I may even keep an eye out for more in the same series.




Walter Mosley, Devil in a Blue Dress

One of those books I've been meaning to read for a long time.  Well worth the wait.  I'm interested to see whether, as the Rawlings stories move out of the 1940s and into the 60s, they continue in this Chandleresque vein, or whether Mosley uses a different flavour.




2 comments:

  1. My wife has me hooked on the Jodie Taylor books. The audible versions read by Zara Rahm (sp?) are excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as I say, I think I'll look out for more of hers.

      Delete