Thursday 14 November 2013

Dinovember: Trip to Wilko's

As part of my Dinovember drive I popped into Wilkinsons yesterday to see if they still had their £1.00 dinosaurs.  They did - and what's more they're currently on offer at three for the price of two!

So I stocked up...


Sorry about the photo; the flash has bled out some of the colours, but you get the idea.

If you like going Big Dinosaur, they have larger versions at £2.00 (also on offer).

Earlier in the week I was toying with the idea of ordering some of these beauties from Eureka Miniatures, but despite thinking that they are very cool, I'll have to hold off for a while.

Eureka's Stukasaurus
A tip picked up on LAF (where a few people like the sound of Dinovember!) is that you can get BBC Walking With Dinosaur figures in those pig-in-a-poke foil packs for £1.99.  These are apparently on sale in Tescos or you can get them direct from the BBC.  You can also buy a specific pack of three of the cute ones for £4.99.

7 comments:

  1. great find look forward to seeing them painted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plastic ones or the Stukasaurus? I haven't ordered the latter.

      I'll give painting one of them a go, but I'm not sure whether I'll do better than they are now. They are nice and pulpy!

      Delete
  2. They have a couple more varieties and a nice deal on getting the three (plus more armed dinos in a Wierd War II set-up).

    They have a UK distributor, but it looks like it might be as well to order direct from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that Wilko's also sell bags of fish-tank plastic foliage. I bought some to see what I can do with it. I think with Pulp you can get away with a more cartoony feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stukasaurus! That is epic Edwin and now I'm my have to go and pester the BBC website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of service! Their UK distributor is http://www.fighting15sshop.co.uk/ but say you have to wait eight weeks and then take whichever variant comes. With Eureka, you get to choose and they say 2 weeks.

      I've just realised that we have a Film & TV Shop in the city (it used to be the BBC Shop). I bet they have 'Walking With Dinosaurs' stuff.

      Delete