Saturday 5 April 2014

Paint Table Saturday and Welcomes

It's the weekend, so time to give Sofie's blog a plug and join in Paint Table Saturday.


I've been quite busy this week, so haven't managed any painting.  However, the move to the painting table in the Shed and arrangement of the hobby space in there is now finished.  As promised last week, you can now see that there was a table under all that mess!


Oh, and I bought a Playmobile yellow submarine on impulse in a charity shop this morning.  I've no idea what I'll do with it.



I know Paint Table Saturday draws in many once-a-week visitors, so I'll point you to the give-away I'm having to mark reaching the 50K mark earlier this week.  If you want a go, follow the instructions there.


Welcome to the following new followers:-
Hello, one and all!  If any of you want to be entered in the prize draw, you need to comment on the original post.

I can't see any info for Richard or David: if either of you (or the Kaptain) have a blog let me know, and I'll give it a shout-out.

Does anyone else feel inadequate after seeing what clever names fellow bloggers come up with for their sites?

A reminder to everyone stating their interest in the draw to state your prize preferences and that if you do anything to earn bonus entries, you have to say so in your comment.

14 comments:

  1. Edwin! Of course, I feel inadequate every time I visit your wonderfully titled blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never considered it a particularly good title.

      I've used the handle 'Diplomatist' for a long time - ever since I was part of an only group that played The Game and we had to choose pseudonyms from the Sherlockian Canon. I chose "a young diplomatist" (partly because my old diplomatics tutor used to complain about diplomats misappropriating the term!).

      The 'depressive' bit came because it alliterated and because I started the blog because writing helped me with my depression.

      Delete
  2. I love the yellow submarine Edwin. I could see it showing up in a Space 1899 game - just give it big fins or wings, some Victorian sailor chaps, a deck gun, and bob's your uncle.
    M (still dealing with my shed envy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ssh! You'll remind me that I never finished my aeronef project...

      Delete
    2. And I hold it's every Englishman's inalienable right to have access to a shed and enough land to keep a pig!

      Delete
  3. Now what that submarine needs is a Plesiosaur wrapped around it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there's a giant octopus sitting on the shelf over the window?

      Delete
    2. Now how did I miss him? That would work too!

      Delete
  4. Keep the submarine, you never know in Curt's next Challenge he may have a Favourite Beatles track bonus round???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a cracking idea for a round

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but then some joker would argue that a spider is a beetle and it'd all kick off again...

      How many zombies to fill the Albert Hall?

      Delete
  5. Busier than my table, that's for certain!

    I wonder what the sub will come back as? I look forward to seeing more of the Yellow Submarine project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot on it, but not a lot happening.

      As I say, I've no idea what will happen with the sub. I'll get shoved in a draw somewhere, no doubt.

      Delete
  6. Nice painting area chap and I am sure the yellow sub will prove a good investment in time.

    ReplyDelete