Friday 5 April 2013

A Milestone and Some Stats


This is the 150th post to this blog!

Although I haven't blogged with the same boyish enthusiasm as I did when I started last August, I don't think that this is bad going.

More surprisingly perhaps is that people (you, dear reader!) have been coming and reading my jottings.  At the time of writing, the blog has had 8,523 page views, so I must be doing something right.  The busiest day was 27 Mar 2013, when there were 166.

The most popular page is the 'Royals in Medals' entry for Prince Charles (and his wives), which has had 510 views - more than twice the number of the next in the list.

Last weekend I added the little flag gadget that you can see at the bottom of the column of stuff on the right-hand side of the page.  It counts individual visitors (as opposed to page views) and where they come from.  It's no great news that the majority of visitors would come from the USA and UK, but what does surprise me is that I've had visitors from 29 countries in the last week!   Welcome, wellkommen, bienvenue, croeso, etc!

I've also added a 'You might also like' gadget - hopefully it will point you to some of the less frequented pages of the blog.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous milestone and some wonderful additions; I particularly like the flag widget, which always fascinates me as to the diversity of the viewers from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Micheal.

      The flag tracker does throw up some interesting results, doesn't it?

      Edwin

      Delete