Monday 15 July 2013

Books and Stuff

A regular round-up of my book news.

What I've been reading this week...

Read Journal of the Life Saving Awards Research Society, No 76.

I started Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!, which came highly recommended.




What I've bought this week...

George Orwell, Burmese Days - £1.00

George Aston, HRH The Duke of Connaught and Strathearn - £1.00
Frederick Bussby, Winchester Cathedral, 1079-1979 - £3.50
Stephen Fry, Moab is My Washpot: An Autobiography - £1.75
Kenneth Hare-Scott, For Gallantry: The George Cross - £4.00
T A Heathcote, The British Admirals of the Fleet, 1734-1995 - £4.00
Mark Littmann, Planets Beyond: Discovering the Outer Solar System - £1.00
Gerald MacMillan, Honours for Sale: The Strange Story of Maundy Gregory - £1.00
Roland Morris, HMS Colossus: The Story of the Salvage of the Hamilton Treasures - £1.00
Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!  A Boy's Own Story of Imaginary Combat - £2.80
TonyRennell, Last Days of Glory: The Death of Queen Victoria - £1.00
Jack Sterry, Round Tower Churches on the Norfolk and Suffolk Border - £1.75
V E Tarrant, Jutland: The German Perspective - £4.00

3 comments:

  1. An impressive haul, you must let us know how you get on with Achtung Schweinehund!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,

      a) it really covers a fortnight, and
      b) The Wife and I had a bit of a tiff while we were shopping, so I went to a bookshop (I did buy her a book on the York Mystery Plays and a Dahlov Ipcar book, so that's alright ;-) )

      I'm enjoying Achtung Schweinhund! so far...

      Delete
  2. Stay tuned - there'll be some *exciting* book news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete