Wednesday 17 July 2013

Wednesday Welcomes and the Postman Doesn't Deliver

Well giving away prizes is having the desired effect, bringing in new followers - no doubt all big hairy wargamers attracted by the prospect of winning a postcard of Princess Mary's wedding party.  [It's a post for another day on why, when the stats show that the great majority of visits here are to the royalty pages, most of the people who 'follow' are wargamers.  I have my own theories: it's about community spirit.]

Anyway, by the power of alliteration I can give a Wednesday Welcome to:

Welcome all!

Well, with these and my existing followers, I seem to have attracted the Big Beasts of wargaming blogs - a daunting prospect!  I almost feel I must apologise for my lack of gaming content...  Hopefully there's something here of interest though.

I had hoped to post today about additions to the lead pile, as I've got two orders I'm waiting for.  One, no doubt, was the parcel that wasn't delivered on Saturday due to inadequate postage - grrrr!

The Wife actually complained this morning that I had no figures for her to paint.  I pointed her to the pile, but she'll only paint figures for the Pulp Alley league she's creating.  Apparently she's got a list, but she hadn't communicated it to me or ordered them for herself.  I did go to Modelzone this afternoon and got her some bits and pieces for her airship project.  I also got a model kit for my nephew's birthday which she thinks is too complicated for him and I really got for myself (a check with my sister confirms that he and his dad will have quality time over it).

The postman did bring me a free book though - one I've agreed to do a review of for a journal.  Like everyone else I love a free book, but sadly my dog choose to attack it betwixt the postbox and doormat and it's now worse for the experience.

Moley and I had a discussion this morning...

15 comments:

  1. I think all dog owners have suffered doggy damage at some point mine was a passport my wife lost an antique Burns poetry book. Plenty in this blog for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a wonderfully community spirit in this corner of the blogoshere and I am delighted to see that the following is growing; you've picked up some of the most generous bloggers I have had the pleasure to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly I've had nothing but good contact from the community.

      Thank you for your constant encouragement Michael.

      Delete
  3. Loved to read that your good lady also paints Edwin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll she's only done one figure at the moment, though she has aspirations for a dirigible.

      All part of my cunning plan...

      Delete
  4. Well, just to prove that your luck can't hold out forever, here I am! I've checked you list of members and I'm afraid Andrew suffers from a permanently rosy outlook as it includes some pretty unsavoury characters. Hopefully I'll raise the moral standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Joe! I was worried that we had a band of angels there for a moment.

      [I typled 'Angles' twice - but's that's a whole different game altogether!]

      Delete
  5. I'm following you 'cause that Moley's so DARN cute.

    And yes, I agree, it's about community. As a blogger, it's encouraging to see people joining and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is isn't he? However, he has a thing about postmen, other dogs and anyone else he doesn't like the look of. Sadly he was banned from our Local for being snappy one time too often.

      Delete
  6. Your wife collects and paints miniatures!? You sir are a lucky man!
    I bet you can't stay mad at that doggie for long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a lucky already Jon! As to the miniatures, she ordered her first batch this morning...

      I refer you back to my Grand Plan of 23 June - http://diplomatist2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/i-like-it-when-plan-works-out.html

      The Mole was soon forgiven!

      Delete
  7. Came for the giveaway, subscribed for the royals - so a bit of both.

    It it is any consolation, one of my dogs chewed a refund check to pieces. Trying to convince the tax man that yes my dog really ate is an experience. Congrats again on 200 posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems everyone has had dog troubles of one sort or another (I hate to think what the posties could tell us).

      Welcome - glad to hear someone's bucked the trend. Remember: you have to comment on the post about the prizes in order to enter into the draw.

      Delete