Welcome to the blog's 200th post!
I'm too hot and bothered to write anything inspiring or funny.
After considering a variety of ways of celebrating and ruling out neckid wimmim, I've decided to be boring and give out prizes.
To enter you will have to be a public follower of this blog, either new or existing. Just make a comment on this post. On 23 July I will make a draw of the entrants. The winner will be able to choose one of the following prizes:
- Penguin Classics, Alfred the Great - a selection of contemporary sources
- Stephen Roskill, The Navy at War, 1939-1945 - a one-volume account by Capt Roskill, the author of the Official History of the war at sea.
- Niall Ferguson (ed), Virtual History: Alternatives and Counterfactuals - asks 'War If...' questions such as '...Charles I had avoided the Civil War?', '...there had been no American Revolution?' and '...Britain had stood aside in August 1914?' as well as the ever-popular '...Hitler had invaded Britain in May 1940?'
- Six postcards of the Godfather of this blog, Edward VII (as shown above).
- Six postcards of other assorted British royals (as shown above).