Thursday 1 August 2013

A Welcome, A Milestone and a Plug

First the welcome.  Grigork of the nicely named The Megalomaniac (Mwhaha) has joined as a follower:  I hope you find stuff of interest here.

The milestone is that we have hit the 20,000 mark.  Given that the 10,000th hit was only four months ago, I think that's good going.  I won't bore you with stats as I did then, because I have other plans for stats.  Instead here's a gratuitously pulpy Verne reference...


And the plug?  Back when Bloggers for Charity was launched I racked my brains for a way in which I could contribute.  Regular readers will know that I'm no good at painting, but that I know how to source cheap books.

I therefore acquired half a dozen as-new paperback copies of The Battle for Quebec, 1759 by Matthew C Ward - the period which is being gamed.  These are for sale on my website for £5.00, inc UK postage - the whole £5.00 will go to Bloggers for Charity.  I must say that I thought these would be snapped up within days, but there are still four left.  Head over to the website for details and to order one.

4 comments:

  1. I'll have one, but Firefox doesn't seem to like your website. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a worry. I use Firefox and don't have difficulties. Anyone else having problems?

      Gary, if you do want a copy of the book, e-mail me at diplomatist2gmailcom

      Delete
    2. The email address should be diplomatist2[AT]gmail[DOT]com

      It didn't like that I used carrels :roll: Not my day for web editing....

      Delete
  2. But the page loads OK?

    It looks like it's a problem in my drafting then. I assumed people would use the 'Contact Me' tab - I'll edit the site to make it explicit.

    Thanks for the feedback Gary and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete